At The DAWG Project, we heart our volunteers!
DAWG project volunteers perform a
number of crucial dog-saving roles;
- Weekly adoption events – dog walking, managing pet comfort (making sure the dogs have water, clean towels and toys), puppy snuggling, adoption counselors, and set-up and break-down of tents, crates etc
- Administrative duties – DAWG is always looking for gifted administrators to help us send out emails & newsletters to inform our fosters and volunteers about immediate needs.
- Social media management – DAWG maintains an active presence on social media. Advertising, fundraising, and recruiting – these are all great ways to use social media. We’re always looking for media-savvy folks to help us put the word out about DAWG and our dogs!
- Event planning – DAWG participates in and sponsors many events throughout the year. If you have a gift for detail and love throwing a good party, give us a shout!
- Fundraising – money saves dogs. It’s simple math. If you have a gift for raising money – the dogs of Dallas need you!
- Transporting pets or supplies (crates, food etc) – DAWG supplies fosters with crates, food, and other necessities. We also provide medical care for our fosters, which sometimes involves transporting a dog to the vet or bringing supplies to the foster. Got wheels? We need you!